Searching for a job has been much harder than I ever imagined this time around. I send in my resume only to never hear anything!
Even my recruiters don't respond, I only hear from them when they need someone. It's quite frustrating, as you begin to wonder who's side they are on. But I'm sure they are just busy...
I did get a call from a great company yesterday, and I was in the top 20 of over 100 resumes. Unfortunately the salary they offered was 1/2 of what I need to make. Everyone is looking for a "Great deal", but unfortunately I can't afford to work for great deal prices!
I wonder if I could add the following bullet points to my resume or cover letter:
Can't have children
No drama
Can work long hours
That way I could let them know that I will never have the "distractions" parents have. Or the drama of a sick kid or teacher's conferences, or the punch out at 5 for daycare excuse. Since I can't have kids, this won't change like the younger workforce
My last company told me that if I wanted to come into work later I needed to have kids or a valid reason like a dental appointment. Asking to come in at the same time as the rest of the "team" wasn't justified. I was really hurt when they said this, (Especially since they knew I had tried everything I could to have children.) but maybe I can turn it around and make it work in my favor.
There has to be a plus side to infertility right?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home