Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Schishmas

This flower arrangement is about as festive as we got this year... We ended up not getting a tree, not decorating the front of the house, and not hanging up stockings. (The cats did get some goodies though...)

Tim's sleeping in, and I'm drinking eggnog lattes and catching up on my blog reading. My siblings are all at home with their children. Like us, my Mom and Dad are spending Christmas alone this year.

It's not really how I pictured my Christmas' would be spent as an adult. For some reason I always envisioned making cookies for Santa with my children. (Making sure to put out carrots for the reindeer too.) I always envisioned our family heading to the Midwest to spend time with the grandparents, enjoy the snow, and visit with cousins...

All is not lost though, it's nice to have the option to sleep in. Our cats are quite happy with their gifts, and aren't having a melt down on the floor because they didn't get a zhu zhu pet (although I'm sure they would have loved one). We are making a roast for dinner, playing video games all day, and drinking Bing and vodka martinis until we're giddy. (or at least those are my plans, Tim may have other ideas once he wakes up.) I'm glad 2009 is coming to a close... but until it does, I'm off to make a martini.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page