Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Christmas Content and Cookies

I bought these gorgeous flowers to brighten up our home, and loved how they looked against my Cherry Martini! My Christmas cards are almost done. I always include a letter with photos, and this year we told everyone of our failed IVF cycles. So although they didn't know at the time we were going through fertility treatments, they will now. (If I can ever find time to buy more ink for labels and stamps.)

Last night Tim let it slip that he doesn't think we'll get pregnant without a surrogate, since there wasn't even a nibble this last time. (yet again) Perhaps he's right, since if we do go through another cycle, the protocol will be the same. Granted we'll add another intralipid infusion, and we'll do PGD (Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis) on any embryos harvested, but in all reality the Dr wasn't sure why things didn't work and there are no guarantees these two extra steps will change our results.

Plus, Tim is worried about being 60 when the child is 15, and that was if they were born this year... It is daunting, but I'd like to think the kids would make us live longer. But for now it's a non-issue, as I want to loose weight before my next cycle, and at the moment have lost 2 pounds at best. (Red martini's and Thanksgiving feasts probably don't help this goal...)

This weekend will find me baking 10 dozen cookies for a Drop In and Decorate party. Hopefully it will help me keep my mind off of things. Thankfully these cookies will be donated! :-) I get the joy of baking without the calories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page