Saturday, September 19, 2009

Back to Reality

My cats stayed by me the entire time I was home resting this cycle. They got up occasionally for food or the litter robot, but otherwise, they hung out in the bedroom.

It was so nice having them there to keep my company. Even the usually aloof, "don't pet me" cat, was snuggled up by me! She also made sure she was available to help me with any citrus that I might want to eat. :-)
The black cat was actually meowing at the door when I came home from my first day back at work. I think he really missed me!
I'm slowly returning to reality. No more checking out SUV's as they drive by to see if they might be a good fit for car seats... No more wondering which room would make a good nursery, and if it was big enough for more than one crib. No more visions of beautiful blond twins in my dreams. (I never dreamt of kids before, and thought for sure that the dream about me and an adorable curly haired boy and a girl with wavy blond hair were a sign... Now that I think of it, maybe the fact that they were waving goodbye at the end of my dream was a sign.) Either way, it's hard not to start hoping when you go through a cycle.
Unfortunately, reality has a way of jolting you back from dreaming of children to the fact that they don't exist. Surprisingly I'm recovering ok, I'd like to know what the Dr thinks, but have to wait, so there's nothing that I can do until October.
The nice part is, the "don't pet me cat" still cuddles with me, so at least something good came out of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page