Sunday, July 27, 2008

Peachy

Another busy weekend spent working around the house. We even managed to get some swimming in, as it was 90 plus degrees out!

I'd like to say we're completely unpacked at this point, but unfortunately, I am still working on our offices. I did manage to get quite a few boxes unpacked today, so we are getting closer. Maybe by next weekend I will be able to check it off my list.

We tend to spend at least one day a week working on the yard, and despite the heat our fruit trees are doing extremely well. We have a lemon tree that gives us grocery bags full of lemons about every 3 days. The lemons are quite strong and have a thick rind perfect for lemon zest. We also have a peach tree (I thought it was an almond at first... and didn't feel too bad once I found out they were related.) Anyway, the tree limbs are bending down to the ground they are so loaded with peaches! We put a silvery wind chime in the branches to help chase off the birds, and hope that the tree can manage the weight of the peaches for a little while longer so we can enjoy its labors. They smell delicious! I can't wait to make my Auntie's famous Peachy Pie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page