
I can't believe how busy I've been lately. I've been swamped at work, and haven't felt like sitting at the computer when I get home. Plus with my sick cats, a majority of the time has been spent keeping on top of the litter box so we don't smell like a multi-cat household. (Not to mention bleaching snot splatter off of everything! Blech!)
My sick cat appears to be getting better. We had to extend his antibiotics another 14 days, so he will have been on meds for 34 days once he's through! (Not to mention all of the meds he was on before I brought him home.) It's really amazing to think something so small can be so-o sick that it takes that long for the meds to work! He was a little sniffly today, and with only 2 more pills to go, I'm hoping it was just dust.

In order to get him better, I have changed almost everything he was used to. I upgraded his cat food, and his coat is actually shiny and soft, instead of dull and rough. I also switched from clay based litter to something less harmful to the environment and his sinus', in fact his potbelly is no longer the first thing you notice and almost I wonder if the clay was wreaking havoc in his intestines! He no longer sneezes green bloody mucus, and his energy has improved immensely. It has been a lot of work getting this kitten better. The other one had a few sneezes, but was never to the point where we thought she would die.
So far between the meds (pills, powders, and pumpkin every day), "human grade" kitten food (yes there is such a thing), natural clumping corn litter (I don't think I'll ever be able to eat anything battered in corn again), and all of their toys (from plastic milk rings to their cat tree), they are becoming very pampered pets.
Labels: Cat
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home