Consult
She said it wasn't uncommon for the first IVF not to work, and she recommended going through IVF two more times before moving on to other options. (If we are up for it.) Unfortunately without health insurance that covers this sort of thing, it's quite expensive even with the partial re-fund option.
Part of me just wants to give up. There is no guarantee that the IVF will work if we try again. The only thing I've managed to accomplish thus far is weight gain and a strain on our marriage. I am almost back to the "if it's meant to be it will be" philosophy.
I do know that adoption is not an option for us, nor is a donor embryo. We have talked about a gestational carrier, but that too has it's risks, isn't 100% and is VERY expensive to say the least.
For now I'm just going to take a break. I have an appointment at the teaching hospital later this month, so I will wait and see how their consult goes before I make up my mind one way or another. Right now I just don't have the energy to go through anything else. Perhaps a new perspective will help me feel up to it.

2 Comments:
I know sometimes it makes us even more insane, but have you gone to a forum to discuss these kinds of things with women who have gone through these same issues? I know I've mentioned it before but tcyof.com has some pretty good (and specific) forums. I just keep thinking that once we get through everything, when we eventually have a baby, that baby is going to be SOOOO loved. :-) Hang in there. Sending good vibes your way.
Tag, you're it!
Post a Comment
<< Home