Sunday, December 31, 2006

Auld Lang Syne

As I reflect upon the past year and the people that have come in and out of my life, I'd have to say that I'm glad that 2006 is coming to a close. It has been a rough year, with some highs and a lot of lows. It's amazing that so many people have gone through IVF and still have their sanity intact. The lucky ones end up with baby (or more), some at least get answers as to why the baby making process isn't working, and some, like me, are unexplained. All have gone through a struggle that is impossible to understand unless you've experienced it. The tests, terminology, and emotions of infertility make their mark on you no matter what the outcome.

I read in the news how a woman in her late 60's had twin s recently thanks to IVF. Of course, having gone through it, I had to wonder--how long had she been trying, did she end up using donor eggs, were hers frozen when she was younger, or did she still have viable eggs in her 60's. Amazing as it is, I couldn't imagine being a mother of newborns in my 60's. (I'm thinking she must have someone to help her out.)

I just hope that 2007 will allow me to get some of my sanity back, and to find time to prioritize my life so it doesn't always focus around trying to get pregnant, and instead take time to enjoy my friends and family and perhaps (gasp) have some fun. I am still debating on if I will go through another round of IVF, but figure I have a bit of time to do so. I am not waiting until I am 60 though! I just need to take a break for a few months.

Well I'm off to start enjoying my child free life (for now at least).
Happy New Year!

1 Comments:

Blogger Onyx said...

Amen, sista!! Happy 'New' Year! :-)

12/31/2006 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page