Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Trying not to worry

My traffic court date was this week. I had a folder full of pictures and had written up the points I wanted to make. I was the last one called and had watched everyone try to fight their ticket and loose. The citing officer was there, and I remembered his words when he pulled me over. "You can fight the ticket, but it's your word against mine." I listened to my rights, and weighed the options, and chose traffic school since that was the only way to ensure that the point does not go on my record. (They reduced the traffic school fee to $106 too! Which is a lot cheaper than increased insurance.) I know I stopped. The fact that they have one or more sets of officers out there almost every day makes me think it's a profitable setup. I think they are just used to having people pay the ticket or go to traffic school. The up side is they actually have traffic school on line! All I have to do is complete my 8 hours online and then go take a test.

I'm just glad it's over and I can get back to focusing on baby brewing. Last week I had the final blood work done. Part of it was re-checking my thyroid which although a bit high, is within the normal levels. I also had my cholesterol done, and I had a CBC with differential done. All of the tests are back except for the CBC. Which had me worried... what if something is wrong. One of my tests was a bit low, so the doctor had to review it. They deemed me ok, but it was still unnerving.

Then I had to go to the eye doctor to get a new contact prescription, only to find out that I have a tiny hemorrhage in one of my eyes! Talk about stressful! They said I shouldn't worry, but I should go back to the doctor for more blood work to see if I have diabetes. I am pretty sure with all of the other tests they should have caught that! But off I go for another round. I start my meds for the IVF tomorrow. The closer I get the more nervous I become. I need to get my paperwork in order as well, in case anything happens to me during the egg retrieval. This is another thing I have been putting off.

I should probably set up a dental appointment too, but know they want to replace old fillings and I haven't felt up to it. (I figure if it isn't broken yet...) It has been a pretty stressful week, and I have to admit I'm looking forward to the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page