Friday, February 24, 2006

Karma

It was a gorgeous Friday morning, the sun was out, the birds were singing, the air was crisp and I was looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend. I was driving to work in the truck, as usual. When a cop decided I didn't stop to his satisfaction at a 3 way stop, and that in his eyes I needed to be punished. So out he speeds out from behind the Suburban he was parked behind, and pulls me over. I stated the obvious, that I stopped and verified the intersection was clear and then continued. And I pointed out I even saw him hiding behind a parked suburban. (I'm thinking if he knows that I was alert enough to see him, I wasn't "blowing through a stop sign oblivious" like he depicted.) He said it didn't matter, it wasn't a stop my tires rolled, and who cares if the intersection was clear. (I'm like HELLO?!? No one was in danger, there weren't cars, pedestrians, or even bikers on the street, I wasn't speeding, or reckless, and I stopped! But he went back to his car and made me wait 15 minutes while he ran my plates and information, and then when he found out, I wasn't a criminal, prostitute, or wanted terriorist he wrote up a "citation". So either I waste a day in traffic school to make sure the trumped up ticket doesn't go on my record, or I go to court to fight the ticket, or I just bite the bullet and pay the insurance increase and wait until I really f-up to go to traffic school. ARGH!!!!!

I was SO pissed/sad! The worse part is I started crying while parked on the side of the road while he was writing up my ticket, and couldn't stop for over 1/2 an hour! What a mess!!! So I was late to work, but I figured I was no shape to be driving or greeting people @ work if I was sobbing hysterically! The most bizarre part is, I think cops usually have to give you a paper ticket when you sign something. This one didn't. So I signed a paper that I couldn't read through my tears, and have no clue what the fee was or what it said! After I signed the "citation" the cop 'dutifuly' asked if I was going to be ok and I sobbed "Yeah, just leave me alone and go give a ticket to someone else." And guess what?!? I saw him pulling over a mini-van not 5 minutes later. Bastard!

So will I get even more bad Karma for telling him to go pull someone else over? There is a dark cloud forming over my head...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page