Thursday, December 15, 2005

Baby blues

Our neighbor had their baby on the 14th. According to old wives tales, a boy was predicted. She looked great throughout her pregnancy. (Which is a sure sign it's a boy, as girls supposedly suck the beauty out of you when you're pregnant.) They didn't want to know what they were having until the baby was born. Her husband, painted the new baby room blue with a fish theme. In fact it was kind of funny how they planned things. We're completely different in that way, I am a total researcher/planner and know I would have everything ready months ahead of time. Our neighbor was rather laid back about the whole thing, figuring she could buy things later. Her primary concern was looking for a HUGE chair so her husband will have something to sleep in once the baby arrived and took over his office. In fact they seemed more overwhelmed than excited. (I don't think they thought things would work right away.) Instead they got pregnant almost immediately. She had the baby earlier than scheduled. (Boys usually arrive late, 'cause according to my Aunt "It takes longer for the tassel to grow.") Instead the baby arrived about a week early and 8 minutes after they got to the hospital! She had a total of a one hour labor. According to proud papa, both mother and daughter are doing well.

I am very happy for them, but at the same time very emotional about the fact that I want a baby girl!!! I was shocked at how sad I was. I never felt sad when my other friends and even my family had children. I suppose the shots are not helping matters, but it was pretty depressing. I don't know why things have to be so difficult! Oh well, guess that's just the way it goes. I'm off to stick a needle in my belly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

I hope you feel better. Pregnancy can wreak havoc on your hormones so it's not surprising that something might trigger extreme sadness even when it doesn't seem to make sense.
Best Wishes,
Cie

12/20/2005 4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page